HOLBORN HALL FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Holborn Hall Community League is a member based organization first registered in 1924.
The Holborn Community hosts a number of social, cultural and recreational events throughout the year.
These activities are all member supported:
- Monthly Bingos
- Spring, Fall & Christmas Markets
- Annual Community Garage Sale
- Pancake Supper
- Volunteer Appreciation Dinner
- A variety of fitness & craft classes
- Kids Summer Camps
Membership does have its privileges including:
- First Notice of Community Events
- Special hall rental rates
- Special considerations
Holborn Hall offers three different rental packages to our customers:
- Weekend Rental ($900.00 per weekend)
- One Day Rental ($450.00 per day)
- 1/2 Day Rental ($250.00 – 4 hours maximum rental (Including set up and take down)
Our WEEKEND PACKAGE is valid from Friday Evening- Sunday at Noon. This rental package includes:
- Full Commercial Kitchen (coffee urns, 100 place settings plates, cutlery included)
- Separate Bar Area w/ extra Fridge and Deep Freezer
- Hardwood Dance Floor & Stage Area
- Full Basement
- Covered Gazebo
- Fire Pit (Fire Permit required)
- Ball Diamond
- FREE WiFi
Yes, we have a Half Day Rental Package available which includes access to upstairs of Hall (unless specified). 1/2 Rentals include 4 hours Maximum Rental time (Including set up and take down)
Cannabis consumption is not permitted inside the hall nor on the grounds of the hall (including parking area, playground).
- PAL Insurance with $2 million Party Alcohol Liability Insurance (PAL Insurance) showing Parkland County & Holborn Community Hall listed on the certificate as Additional Insured’s
- Liquor License with the receipt from the liquor vendor for purchase of the liquor, beef, wine and other spirits attached to the license
- Both the PAL Insurance and Liquor License must be displayed on the cork board in the bar area
- Both the PAL Insurance and Liquor License must be presented to the Hall Booker 30 days prior to the event
- It is the renter’s obligation to follow all AGLC regulations regarding liquor
- Included with the hall rental are the use of (2) – 100 cup coffee urns & (1) – 30 cup coffee urn
- (2) Electric kettles are provided for hot water
There are no water or wine glasses available to rent.
(4) tea towels and dish cloths are provided with each hall rental.
Please leave used cloths on the counter near the sink.
Holborn Hall does not have linens or tablecloths available for rental.
- Kitchen & Bar access is included in the Hall Rental.
- Plates, coffee cups & cutlery are included in the rental.
- Pots, pans, chafing dishes, etc. are available for an extra cost.
In-house catering is not available. Please arrange for a caterer of your choice.
- Tables and chairs from inside the hall MUST not be used outside.
- Tables and chairs are not available to rented out.
- You must provide your own PA system.
- There is a podium available for use.
The hall does not have its own well. Our water is supplied and we use a cistern that is inspected annually.
Free WIFI is available at the hall.
Fireworks use is regulated by Parkland County. Please contact them for a permit.
There is no air conditioning available, but there is an attic fan to help exhaust warm air.
Taxicabs are available to come out to Holborn Hall. A list of numbers is available on the bulletin board in the entry way.
Ashtrays are available outside the main door and in the gazebo.
The Hall does not provide a BBQ for use.
- No confetti of any kind including metallic confetti.
- No rice, hay or straw bales shall be used.
- No tape, staples, tack or any other adhesive will be used to hang posters or decorations to the ceilings or walls.
- Tape may be used on the walls.
- Hooks and wire are provided on the ceiling and the walls for hanging decorations.
- DO NOT adhere anything to the bingo boards or the covers.
- DO NOT use the plug-ins by the bingo board.
- An outhouse is located on the west side of the hall for campers’ use.
- Motorhomes and campers must stay parked on the gravel.
- A firepit is available for use with a hall rental.
- You must apply for a Fire Permit from Parkland County before using the fire pit.
- You must also follow the Parkland County’s rules regarding fire bans.
- You must supply your own firewood.
- Before leaving, ensure all ashes are removed to the ash barrel on the west side of the hall.